This season of Advent we will be living into Extra Ordinary Community in new and exciting ways. We will miss the Christmas Tea. We will miss the crowded Fellowship Hall on Sunday mornings. But we won’t miss out on being community. We are excited Extra Ordinary Community: Advent Secret Santa
Starting November 30 and going through December 23
- Purchase a reasonably priced gift and wrap it. Include with your gift an anonymous note for the recipient – something to brighten someone’s day.
- Adults provide a gift for adults. Children provide gifts for children
- If purchasing a gift is easy for you, purchase multiple and drop them in the office. If purchasing a gift is difficult for you, that’s okay, we’ll have extras.
- Bring your gift to the table located under the carport at church.
- Drop off Monday – Thursday between 8 am and 7 pm
- When you drop off your gift take the gift that is there.
- In it, you will find the note that the person who gave the gift left for you, the person that found it.
- There is one other option/invitation when dropping off your gift
- Our Christmas Food Box efforts will look different this year thanks to COVID.
- In lieu of us delivering boxes, we will be purchasing food to be delivered to families in need.
- Give a monetary gift towards the purchase of Christmas Food Box meals
Ideas for what your note might include:
- A favorite family holiday recipe
- A holiday memory from Good Shepherd Christmases past
- A favorite family tradition
- Anything you can think of that will brighten someone’s day